kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LED treatment $85 or $395 for 6 sessions






Yesterday was my first LED treatment with Kael at Misbehaven. I scheduled it in the evening, because i was anticipating my face might be red, swollen, splotchy, burned...who knows! i really had NO clue what i was going to have done, and didn't even know what LED (Light Emitting Diode) stood for before yesterday. I imagined that the light would slightly burn the superficial layer of my skin, and then it would heal, peal, and i would have knew skin. HA! i was soooo wrong! there is NO burning of the skin, just cell rejuvenation! What i learned, was that apparently the red light that she used was for aged skin and the light stimulates the cells growth, without the harmful rays that natural sunlight emits.

Kael took me back to the treatment room and told me to lay down on the treatment bed. i did not put on a terry cloth robe for this treatment, she just draped a towel over my chest and neck. she started with a Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse, and followed up with the Dermalogica Chroma White Tri Active Cleanse, an Eminence Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel with Licorice Root Lightening Booster, which she described as little pac-men chomping away at the dead skin cells on my face. the peel had a stinging affect, that i rather liked because when it comes to dramatic changes, i like to FEEL them taking place. i imagined my new baby face skin would be revealed when the pac-men were finished!

the LED red light treatment was 40 minutes. while Kael was working around my eyes, i could see the bright light, even through the eye pads and goggles, but as she moved away from my eyes, it was perfectly black. Had i not been asking so many questions, and visiting with Kael, i might have fallen asleep, as it was a completely painless, rather therapeutic in fact, treatment. she moved the light inch by inch, slowly over my entire face, over and over, until the timer went off.

the last part of the treatment was Eminence Guave & Bamboo Moisturizer, Dermalogica Age Reveral Eye Complex, and Lastly Dermalogica multivitamin power firm, around my lips.

since an LED treatment does not include a scalp massage, i did not end up with crazy hair. well, i mean it was crazy when i went in and it looked the same crazy when i left. my skin felt wonderful, and i FELT as tho i had a glow. i have included a before and an after photo of my skin, as well as some photos of the procedures in between.

Listening to Kael explain all the products and the procedures gave me a new found interest. in my next career, i think i'd like to go into skin care! i found it all so interesting and exciting.

i am going to be doing the 6 treatments, and Kael said that i would start to notice the difference in my fine lines and wrinkles early in the treatments, and then the fading of the age spots near the last sessions. i have to be honest, every time i say "age spot" i feel old, so i am going to start calling them something else. from here on out they are going to be "fun in the sun" spots.

my skin feels wonderful lately. like i mentioned in my earlier blog, it doesn't feel as crepey and definitely looks more hydrated.

Next week i'm getting my 2nd LED treatment. tomorrow i am going to be meeting with Keeah, and having my hair colored! i chose her because her hair is such a gorgeous shade of red, i might just ask her to make mine the same shade as hers! we'll wait and see what she thinks about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment