kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Haircolor Base color/Full Foil $110
















i went to Misbehaven Spa & Salon today to have my hair colored. I didn't know exactly what i wanted. i did know i wanted my blingy (sprinkles of gray) roots to match my ends, my ends to be a little more vibrant, and to have some caramel highlights. i took in a photo of Ashlee Simpson with copper/caramel hair color. Keeah pointed out that it was pretty much the same color i had. The last time i had seen Keeah, she had her natural color of red with blonde highlights. i loved it, and also had that in mind as a potential color. Her hair was a deeper red this time, so i told her i would like something a little bolder than what i had and a little lighter than the shade she had. i have been thinking lately that as i mature, i need to soften my color and go a little lighter, so the idea of going more of my natural strawberry blonde was appealing. Kaci and Keeah thumbed through my hair, asked me lots of questions such as "How are you going to feel about having to maintain any grow out?" (maybe not in those exact words). my response was "oh, i don't want to have to maintain! you know me, i go in to the salon 1 maybe 2 times a year. I'll end up with "grow out"." so that was how we came to the conclusion that we should keep a lot of my natural color, add some copper highlights, some golden caramel hightlights, and add a base color to my roots to cover the grey. the two of them spent about 20 minutes asking me questions and looking through my hair. when we started the consultation, i felt like i was all over the board, confusing them with my choice of words, changing my mind in mid stream, etc. by the time we were done, i was 100% confident that what they described was JUST what i wanted. now i was just hoping my vision was the same as theirs!

Keeah started by putting a red base (not actually called red, but that was the visual color of it), then did a full foil rotating golden highlights, with a copper color. it was a busy afternoon in the salon. at one point i looked off to the side and saw 4 maybe 5 girls sitting in a row with foil in their hair looking at magazines. i wanted so badly to take a photo of them, but i refrained. i know how awkward it was having to take my own photo looking like a martian. while my hair was processing, i walked around the salon, visited with a few people and before i knew it it was time to rinse. after rinsing my hair, Keeah put a toner in my hair and i relaxed in the shampoo bowl for a few minutes.

now remember, i am a pessimist, so when Keeah said "i'll be right back. i'm going to go mix a toner for your hair", the first thing i thought was "hmmmm....i wonder if the color turned out ok....i wonder if she's in the back room quickly mixing up a toner to cover my baby chik yellow highlights." i was running the scenarios through my head of what could have gone wrong, all the "what if?'s" and reminding my self that it was JUST hair. it would grow back if i had to cut it, or i could wear hats.

she rinsed the toner, shampooed, conditioned, and gave me a very relaxing, much needed neck massage. i am not quite tall enough for the shampoo chair and i was starting to get an ache in my back. the neck massage relaxed my muscles right away. we then went back to the station for the "REVEAL". the towel came off. all my hair was there. the color looked the same. granted, it was wet, and we had decided to keep it close to real anyhow. she put product in my hair. as she began to blow it out, i could see the caramel highlights. once it was dry, she took a barrel curling iron and put waves in my hair.

i don't think i have really ever left a salon loving my hair. i like familiarity when it comes to my looks, so if they blow my hair straight, i feel lost. when i get my hair styled curly, it always feels silly, too crunchy or frizzy. Today when i left the salon, i LOVED my hair. i love the color and surprisingly i love the way she styled it!

i've gone into the bathroom twice now since i got home, to check and make sure i still like it. and i DO!! i keep thinking i'll go look at it and see something i didn't notice, but Keeah did a fabulous job. i have to say this is the prettiest color i have ever had.

it's not dramatically different. just a little more punch in the reds, with some very subtle warm highlights. it also looks very shiny and healthy. i love it!

My next appointment will be with Ciara. I'm having my eyebrows and lashes tinted. What a joy it will be to not have to apply mascara every day! that means I'll only have to apply lip gloss and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment