kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Microdermabrasion ($525 for 6 treatments) & LED #5 ($395 for 6)




Well, i'm nearing the end of my microdermabrasion sessions. thursday is my last treatment. I love how my skin feels. prior to the treatments, i was not feeling happy with my skin, the tone, the texture, it felt old, creppy and lifeless. along with the treatments, i have been faithfully using Eminence cleanser, serum, moisturizer, eye cream, anti aging lip balm, and masking several times a week. i have had positive feedback from people who don't know i am going through this process, asking "what do you do to your skin to make it look so healthy?" or "your skin looks so nice". it's hard for me to see dramatic results, and over time, you kind of forget what the old skin looked like, but what i do know is that i used to not be happy with my skin, and now i love it! my wrinkles around my eyes are definitely minimized. i am not afraid of growing old gracefully, and i recognize the fact that i love laugh lines and smile lines on others, and i am not afraid to have them myself, but what i DONT want is drab, lifeless skin. the treatments have brought my skin to life, taught me discipline in maintaining the healthy glow, and just an overall realization of what the effects of every day life can do to your skin. i have always known that i need to drink more water, but having these treatments, and listening to Megan describe the differences in my skin from week to week, pointing out the dehydration on my forehead, etc,...not even knowing that i was really low on my water intake, was a real eye opener. i think one of the best things a person can do for their skin is drink lots of water.
the microdermabrasions became more uncomfortable each week, as the intensity increased, but just knowing what it was doing for my skin, made it worth it.
last week i had to miss my appointment, due to a pinched nerve. i woke up in quite a bit of pain and knew i could not tolerate the pain of the microdermabrasion on top of it. it will be two weeks lapse between my 5th and 6th treatments, and they recommend you keep them around a week apart, but it just couldn't be helped.
next week, after my skin has settled down from the last microdermabrasion, i will have my makeup consult. i am currently using the Chai Berry Bronzer, lightly dusted on my face and it just makes me look sun kissed. i could almost use it in place of foundation, but i need the foundation for the spf factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment