kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Make-up

After Make-up

Well i completed my microdermabrasion and finished the week with a make-up consult from Ciara. she started by putting Bare Minerals (BM) Prime Time Eyelid Primer ($18) on my eyelids. this is to help my eyeshadow from creasing. then she applied BM Fairly Medium Foundation ($25) all over my face to even out the splotchiness. It was a light coverage powder foundation that will allow my freckles to show and once it has been on my face for a bit, it blends in and turns from a powder to more of liquid coverage. next was BM Chenille Eyeshadow ($13) for below my brow. BM Cashmere Eyeshadow ($13) went on my eyelid. then she took the Chenille and blended it all. for my brows, which are very light and kinda get lost on my face, she put BM Brow Kit Auburn ($32). she started at the outer edge of my brows and moved inward. i used to think that mascara made the biggest impact on me, but now i think it is the brows. adding just a little color and filling them in a bit just framed my face nicely. she dusted my face with Eminence Mocha Berry Bronzer ($36) to give it a little sun kissed tan look and then applied Eminence Chai Berry Glow Illuminator ($36) on my cheeks. I noticed that with the powder blush my pores showed up a bit more, so i also ended up purchasing BM Prime Time Foundation Primer ($21) to apply before my foundation. i purchased a Eminence Powder Brush ($14) and a BM Precision Liner Brush ($12) to apply my powder eyeshadow.
Once Ciara applied a neutral gloss on my lips, she applied a little mascara and then spritzed my face with a Toner that was to "Set" my make-up.
the make-up looked very natural to me, even though i am not used to wearing much. i was not completely convinced i liked how the foundation covered but decided to try it for a couple of days. in the end, i decided that i would rather wear a tinted moisturizer with just minimal coverage, and so i returned the foundation and the primer. i am still trying to perfect the eyeshadows. i think i have the eyebrow shading down.
i really thought that i might walk out feeling like "WOW...i look so much better with make-up, but truly, i am so used to seeing myself without it, that i think i prefer just a sun kissed face, mascara and brow shadow. i am going to keep trying with the eyeshadow. maybe once i get the hang of it, i will be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment