kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pedicure (Pedi-Pal) $45


My lovely friend Kate.





my lovely friend Kate has been reading my blog and she sent me a text the other day asking what my next service was going to be at Misbehaven Spa & Salon, and could she do it with me? we tossed around several ideas and decided to do the pedi-pal together.

as i have mentioned in the past i don't usually take them up on the snacks, coffee, cookies, etc. but i had decided that since Kate was going to be with me, she should enjoy those treats.
now the treats are always there on the back counter, everything you can imagine...dried fruit, milano cookies, tully's espresso, nuts, and on and on. i have never been served those treats, just the usual "can i get you anything?" but i see them every time i walk by, and i assume they are for the clients. so i grabbed a plate and put two of everything on it, walked back our private pedicure room to meet up with Kate who had already started her pedicure, and there she was with a plate of goodies her pedicurist brought her. i felt like a piggy with a plate topped with double goodies. exactly why i don't like to partake. it's just all around awkward. my suggestion is they should just take every one of their clients a small plate with just a taste of everything on it. i bet most people would enjoy it, but "asked", most people would be polite and say "no thank you i am fine". it's what we are raised to say.

ok, now that i got that off my chest, i'll move on. the pedicure started with a cleansing of the feet in a foot bath soak, then Angela, my pedicurist pushed back all the cuticle on my toes, trimmed the excess cuticle, exfoliated my feet, put a foot masque on them, and gave me a wonderful foot and leg massage. i decided to go with a dark wild blue. my toes have been in hibernation for a long time and i thought they should come out with a bang! Kate opted for a bright red since her and Phil's band "The B Side" had a gig that weekend and she was going to wear her cute sandals. i told her she should kick her sandles off, rest her pretty feet on the bottom rung of the stool, with her guitar in hand, singing a tune, thumping her foot to the beat.

The room we had the pedicures in was very warm, and they had fans on to try and cool it off, but i was sweating the whole time. Kate forgot to bring open toed shoes for after the pedicure so they gave her a really cute pair of flip flops to wear home. (note to self...forget your open toed sandals next time). haha.

the service was wonderful. my feel look 10 years younger!

i don't mean to sound like i am complaining in my blogs, it's just that since i am "analyzing" my experiences, i feel it only appropriate to mention my side notes.

it was so fun having a friend to do this service with me. If i could i'd take a friend along with me to EVERY service. it's a great time to catch up.

although, i have to say, i've spent the last 6 weeks visiting with Megan while she's doing the LED and Microdermabrasion and i feel as though we have become friends, and i look forward to following up on our conversations each week.

3 comments:

  1. ahem.... count me in on your next service, we seriously need some catch up time!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,

    I would LOVE to give more clients snacks/cookies and have often wondered if I gave them some without asking if they would be upset or if they would eat them. I don't want to end up wasting goodies but I hope most clients don't feel like "piggy['s]" when they do get them. The way that I see it is that if you are spending the time/money to spoil yourself with a service you should feel entitled to splurge on cookies and such :).

    Jo - Front Desk @ Misbehaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I totally understand your point. I imagine everyone is different. For me, I'm just too awkward to accept, so "Bringing" me a plate with a cookie on it works! The last thing I want to do then, is decline it...since you went to the trouble. :)
    kimberly

    ReplyDelete