kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Microdermabrasion ($525 for 6 treatments) & LED #3 ($395 for 6)






My skin has been feeling great lately. definitely more hydrated. i have been using my masque in the steam room at least twice a week, drinking more water (still not enough), and using the Eminence Guava & Bamboo Age-Defying Moisturizer. Today i had my 3rd LED treatment, but we started it off with my 1st Microdermabrasion.
the first step was the pre-cleanse with Dermalogica the second step was the Stone Crop Gel Wash and the Clairsonic brush. then she used the AHA Paprika (professional, not purchasable) exfoliant. it smells wonderful and has a bit of a sting. the fourth step was the Microdermabrasion with an 8.9 intensity. the highest intensity is 15. Megan went over my entire face slowly with the little crystals scrubbing away. it kinda stung in certain spots, like around my temples and eye area, but otherwise it just had a gritty scrubbing feeling. i had goggles on so that the flying crystals wouldn't get into my eyes. after wiping all the crystals off my face the fifth step was putting Eight Greens Youth Serum (for lifting and hormonally-imbalanced skin types) (WHAT?..hormonally-imbalanced??? ugh), Green Tea & Guava Serum (firming and lifting) and Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum with Licorice Lightening Booster & Acai Booster, all mixed into one. yummy. you really can't imagine how good it all smells. the sixth step was my 3rd LED treatment. it consisted of 30 minutes going over my entire face, and 10 minutes focusing around the eye area. once that was finished, the seventh step was the Calm Skin Arnica Masque layered with the Firm Skin Acai Masque. while the masque was absorbing into my skin, she gave me a mini massage of my chest, upper arms and shoulders. the last step, the eighth step was the Apricot Calendula Nourishing Cream. the Calendula has healing and soothing properties, and after all my face went through, it felt wonderful. How am i ever going to go on in my life without having a weekly facial? maybe i should go from salon to salon, rating them? ha.
here are some photos from the treatment. as i have said in former blogs, i am taking the photos myself, sometimes with my eyes closed, so i really have no idea if i am in focus or even aimed properly. i also included a before and after shot. i think the very first before shot i ever took and then the very last shot will be more dramatic than posting the "during" before and after, but i am going to post them anyhow.
my next blog will be about having my legs waxed. ouch? tune in to see!

3 comments:

  1. Resurfacing with 8.9 intensity. Highest intensity is 15. Megan went to my entire face scrub small crystals slowly. It hurt a little, at some point, so my temples and eyes around the same, but in addition, it is only a feeling of gritty scrub.

    microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Microdermabrasion removes the outer and upper layers of dead skin cells, accelerates cell turnover as well as collagen production for firmer, more glowing skin. This process can minimize fine lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores, and acne scars. My skin was smoother and more glowy after the treatment. It can take a few days after this treatment to see the full effects.


    Microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acne sufferers can see quality results with microdermabrasion treatments because of the ability of the procedure to unclog pores and remove dirt, oil and dead skin.

    microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete