kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Monday, March 12, 2012

What does Damon have to say about all this?




“adventures in metrosexuality”

So I am not a “fancy” guy if you will, and please read on before you make any snap judgements about my choice of words. I do not wear suits. I do not wear ties. Unless I am going to a funeral or a wedding, in which case I might do both and will probably wear socks too. my mother told me it shows class, whatever. Most days you will find me sporting a pair of shorts, usually well worn, and flip flops (same). I frequently do not shave for several days at a time, I have other things to do in the morning. So when I say I am not “fancy” I mean I am not a guy that really takes a lot of stock in his personal appearance, day to day. That is not to say I am a slob (do not ask my wife this question) nor that I do not like to look “presentable” (again, don’t ask my wife). So when Kimberly Miner asked me if I would be willing to come to Misbehaven and get some “spa treatments” done and then write about them, I was at least intrigued although I pictured in my mind several women standing over me and wanting to “tweez” my brown and airbrush my nails. . . uh, no.
Kimberly thought that if men had a chance to hear it from another man then it might take some of the “scare” out of it. Ok, I am all about trailblazing so why not? Kimberly and I met at Misbehaven to run through the different spa and “grooming” (guys don’t do “beauty”) packages they offer. The list is extensive and although my wife and daughters have forced me on occasion to get a facial or pedicure, I am not too familiar with all of the different items.
I decided to take the menu home and run through all of the different services so that I could compile a list of what I thought that most guys would be willing to endure, I mean, enjoy, yes . . . .enjoy. . . . I did find a few items that I had questions about and after visiting the Misbehaven web site, I have to say that I was not any more informed, unfortunately. I would love to see a detailed description for each service so that if I had a question about what the difference between a Swedish massage and a Deep Tissue massage was, I could at least get an idea from the site. I also noticed that most of the site is geared toward woman, no surprise, but that there is no list of Men’s services listed, this would be a nice touch for those looking and for those who’s spouses or significant others wanted to get something as a gift or do a “couple’s day” at the spa.
After talking it over with Jeanese I decided that we would try out the massages, facial and the mani and pedi (sorry just saving words here boys). I would also set up a men’s haircut. The only other item that I thought would be nice for men would be a hot lather shave. I have had a few of these in my time, thanks to my father for pointing out how nice these are, and how rare these days, and the experience of a good hot lather shave is something that is not to be missed at least once in life. Gents add it to your bucket list and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment