kimberly

kimberly
I guess you could call this "Before"

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lash Extensions $150 (initial appointment) $50-75 for follow-up

This is an appointment that i have been looking forward to. Anything that helps make my daily beauty routine simpler is a wonderful thing to me.

Here is a photo of me with my natural lashes.

Because my natural lashes are so light, Kael started by tinting them a dark brown so that they would blend with the extensions. once they were tinted, she rinsed all the tint off and then applied the protective sheilds below my eyes (see photos). the lash extensions come in various lengths, and she chose a length that close to my natural length. just like my own lashes, which are shorter, closest to my nose and gradually longer to the outsides, she applied the extensions. they are put on one by one, alternating from the left to the right eye. by alternating it gave each lash a chance to dry before applying the next. so back and forth she worked for about an hour.

the process was completely painless, for that matter, feelingless (is that a word?). i could feel her fingers on my eyebrows as she steadied them but i could not feel the lashes being glued on. at one point i slightly dozed off. it was a pretty relaxing procedure.

Kael gave me a couple pointers to make these lashes last as long as possible.
1. do not use waterproof mascara. in fact the ultimate goal would be to not use any, since the lashes are fuller and they are dark brown anyhow.
2. do not use oil-based eye makeup remover. the oil can break down the glue.
3. be gentle with your eyes.

some clients experience a little bit of discomfort the next day. it can be attributed to the lashes being glued to the lids, and the glue kinda tugging at the lid. also, if you sleep on your side or tummy, it can put pressure on the lashes, causes the pressure. i made an effort to sleep on my back, and i did not wake up with any discomfort.

i did notice that when i wash my face, i have to be very gentle washing around my eyes. i am not sure how gentle i am supposed to be, but i avoided them all together. i soaped up my fingers and just massaged my lids, but i tried not to touch my lashes.

i think that the lashes are very subtle. so much so, that i don't think anyone would even suspect i have lash extensions unless i pointed them out. this is a service that i would love to continue to have. i really enjoy having one less thing to do in my morning routine.




No comments:

Post a Comment